Lambda Pi Eta
Lambda Pi Eta (LPH) has over 400 active chapters at four-year colleges and universities worldwide. LPH was founded in 1985 at the University of Arkansas. It became a part of the National Communication Association in 1988 and the association’s official honor society in July 1995.
LPH is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS), whose mission is to build a visibly cohesive community of national and international honor societies, individually and collaboratively exhibiting excellence in scholarship, service, programs, and governance.
The Six Goals of Lambda Pi Eta:
- Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in communication studies;
- Stimulate interest in the field of communication;
- Promote and encourage professional development among communication majors;
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of communication;
- Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students; and
- Explore options for graduate education in communication studies.
Lambda Pi Eta Spring 2017 Applications are due Friday, January 27th, 2017.
Fall 2016 Lambda Pi Eta Inductees