Lambda Pi Eta (LPE) is the official worldwide honor society of the National Communication Association that aims to recognize outstanding undergraduate students in the discipline and continue to foster their interest. As explained by the NCA, “LPE represents what Aristotle described in Rhetoric as three ingredients of persuasion: logos (Lambda), meaning logic; pathos (Pi), relating to emotion; and ethos (Eta), defined as character, credibility and ethics.” Members of the Chi Beta chapter at Mizzou are not only recognized for their academic excellence, but they also build leadership skills while engaging in professional development activities and service to the community.
Spring 2021 recruitment is now open and we are accepting applications! To apply, please complete the application by accessing the following Qualtrics link by March 26, 2021. Link: https://missouri.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1T7DRam5X6a5f7w. Email Shaye Morrison (email@example.com) with any questions. We look forward to reviewing your application!
The Six Goals of Lambda Pi Eta
- Aims to recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in Communication Studies
- Stimulate interest in the field of Communication
- Promotes and encourages professional development among Communication majors
- Provides an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of Communication
- Establishes and maintains close relationships between faculty and students
- Explores options for graduate education in Communication Studies.
Lambda Pi Eta, Chi Beta Chapter Executive Board, 2021-2022
- President: Rachel Delgado (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vice President: James Naert (email@example.com)
- Secretary: Elizabeth Schlaker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Treasurer: Gwyneth Cook (email@example.com)
- Membership Chair: Angela Schlaker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more information about Lambda Pi Eta, please contact our advisors: Olivia Watson (email@example.com) and Xu Cen (firstname.lastname@example.org).