The Department of Communication is recognized for its overall excellence in graduate education.
- Ranked as a top 5 program offering a doctoral degree in Communication according to Academic Analytics 2017.
- Among the top 12 PhD granting-institutions to receive NCA and ICA top convention paper awards in five different divisions.
- Features six different research emphasis areas.
- Faculty maintain high research standards, and their work can be found in top journal including Journal of Communication, Communication Research, and Communication Monographs.
- Faculty serve as editors of Management Communication Quarterly and Journal of Applied Communication Research.
- Faculty and graduate students are responsible for teaching students in one of the fastest growing majors on campus.
The goal of our department is to create an environment where our students acquire and hone the skills to become top researchers and scholars in the Communication discipline.